Tourism Ireland has the unique responsibility for marketing the island of Ireland overseas as a visitor destination. It delivers world class marketing programs in 23 markets across the world and reaches a global audience up to 600 million each year.
We have won numerous national and international awards for our marketing campaigns including 30 awards alone for our Game of Thrones campaigns.
We have a total of 150 staff worldwide and now wish to appoint a Business Tourism & Group Development Executive based in our office in New York, USA. The successful candidate will play an important role in developing and growing business tourism and group travel business from the USA to the island of Ireland.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a travel and tourism professional who wants to be part of a busy and committed team and who can demonstrate the right experience, potential and passion for the role.
Business Tourism & Group Development Executive
Type of Contract
Permanent & Full-time
Trade and Industry Engagement Manager, USA
New York, USA
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Trade and Industry Engagement Manager, the purpose of this role is to increase awareness and demand in the USA for the island of Ireland as world-class business tourism (MICE) destination and to grow group travel with a focus on alumni, leisure and special interest with an emphasis on regional and seasonal spread. The emphasis between the MICE and Group segments may vary from time to time depending on the business environment and other market conditions.
Note: This job involves travel within the USA and the island of Ireland and can be subject to working unsocial hours including weekend work.
2. The Duties – Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Work with the Trade and Industry Engagement Manager to develop and implement the Business Tourism and Group strategy in the USA.
- Evaluate marketing plans for Business Tourism in collaboration with Fáilte Ireland and Tourism Northern Ireland.
- Identify new opportunities to grow Group sector business to the island of Ireland.
- Proactively seek and build new MICE leads and qualify leads generated.
- Manage the MICE and Group planner database and keep key accounts regularly updated with product news and opportunities through an effective communications program.
- Collaborate with Irish industry partners to execute market initiatives for both MICE and Group travel to drive business.
- Monitor, on an ongoing basis, market trends and intelligence/competitor activities to assist the Trade and Industry Engagement Manager in reporting and planning.
- Optimize the use of social media and online platforms as part of Tourism Ireland’s overall strategy to deliver objectives to grow MICE and Group travel.
- Work closely with partner organisations - Fáilte Ireland and Tourism Northern Ireland - to organize educational/familiarization trips (FAMs) to the island of Ireland for key MICE and Group planner accounts.
- Manage allocated budgets for MICE and Group promotions and ensure effective control and reporting of allocated resources is in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Support and represent Tourism Ireland at industry events, FAM trips and corporate events as required. This role will involve some unsocial hours and travel. Such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
▪ Relevant experience in tourism marketing, MICE or a business development role with a record of achievement and experience delivering sales growth from key MICE and group travel accounts.
▪ Good working experience and knowledge of key account management.
▪ Well-developed influencing and negotiation skills.
▪ Strong team player, possessing excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to forge strong working relationships with colleagues and business partners.
▪ Excellent organisational skills.
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Budget management experience.
▪ A commitment to Tourism Ireland’s values and evidence of demonstrating these values in practice.
▪ Good knowledge of the island of Ireland and its tourism product offering.
▪ Educated to degree level with a qualification in marketing / communications / business.
To apply: https://www.tourismireland.com/About-Us/Careers
Screening is by APPLICATION FORM and please also attach an up to date CV/Resume.
CLOSING DATE for receipt of applications is Tuesday, 24th April 2018.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Salary Scale is $63,607 to $94,767 per annum (15 point scale)
Important Visa Note: Due to visa application requirements, you must hold a valid visa to work in the US to apply for this position.
About this company
Tourism Ireland is responsible for marketing the island of Ireland overseas as a holiday and business tourism destination.
It was established as one of the “six areas of co-operation” under the framework of the Belfast Agreement of Good Friday 1998. Our remit is to increase tourism to the island of Ireland and to support Northern Ireland to realise its tourism potential.
We operate under the auspices of the North/South Ministerial Council through the Department for the Economy in Northern Ireland and the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport in Ireland. We work closely with the two tourist boards on the island, Fáilte Ireland and Tourism NI, and with our partners in the tourism industry at home and abroad in delivering on our remit. Tourism Ireland’s up to 150 staff create world-class marketing programmes in 23 markets across the world as well as centrally in Dublin and Coleraine.
Tourism is one of our most important sectors, delivering revenue of almost €8.5bn to the economies on the island. In 2016, we welcomed 10.3 million overseas visitors, who spent €5.3/£4.3 billion while here. In addition, Irish air and sea carriers earned an estimated €1.5 billion in fares from overseas visitors in 2016.
All of this helped to sustain 286,300 vital jobs in communities across the island in 2016, helping to make Tourism one of the island’s largest indigenous industries. Tourism now accounts for over 10% of all Irish jobs.
Location/Region: New York, NY