Consumer Brands Association is working remotely until further notice and will interview virtually during the outbreak. The welfare of our employees (current, prospective and future) is our top priority. This role will have an opportunity to make a real difference supporting one of the industries that's been identified by homeland security to be of critical service during the coronavirus crisis.
We are seeking a senior director, membership to lead the association’s membership portfolio, including strategic initiatives critical to driving recruitment, engagement and retention of members in all categories. This position oversees a team of membership professionals and shares responsibility for developing and executing a strategy for achieving the associations’ immediate and long-term membership goals. Reporting to the executive vice president, industry engagement, this role proactively engages with existing and prospective companies to cultivate, secure, and energize member support while delivering member value. This position also plays a critical role in creating and securing support opportunities, developing relationships with major sponsors, and diversifying the organization’s revenue stream.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Define and articulate the Consumer Brands’ member value proposition for all membership categories.
- Work with communications and research team and other stakeholders to articulate and position organization-wide membership to prospects.
- Create and execute prospecting campaigns supporting high-quality membership growth.
- Develop the budget and forecasting for membership dues, sponsorships and partnerships.
- Identify new prospects and develop short- and long-term recruitment plans for targeted companies.
- Participate in key industry events to promote the value of membership.
- Develop, lead and evaluate the new member onboarding process.
- Develop and lead a strategy to increase member engagement leveraging diverse touch points and experts in the organization.
- Develop and lead strategy to drive member retention.
- Develop processes, programs and metrics to evaluate member satisfaction and engagement.
- Create and execute campaigns designed to penetrate member companies ensuring multiple individuals across the organization are leveraging and benefiting from association membership.
- Oversee the annual membership renewal process.
- Collaborate with the communications and research team to identify and broadcast issues and opportunities of critical significance to member companies.
- Collaborate with the executive vice president to continue the development of new and existing revenue streams, including sponsorship programs.
- Develop, and manage partnerships in support of the organization’s strategy.
- Foster new relationships with allied segments of the industry in order to represent the interests of a critical mass of members.
- Provide perspective to the conferences team to ensure event and content offerings are relevant to industry leaders, including the organization’s executive-level conference.