NARFE: Federal Benefits Experts, the association for federal employees and retirees, is looking for a coordinator to support event planning, sales and fundraising activity at our Alexandria office. This is a full-time, nonexempt, nonremote position and some travel is required. The ideal candidate has experience working in administration of events, marketing, business development or sales in a nonprofit or association environment. NARFE welcomes candidates from other fields with direct or transferable experience. You will be empowered to help grow our non-dues revenue channels to include conferences, affinity partners, sponsorships and advertising, and fundraising. You will be working closely with an account manager and with communications and marketing staff, and reporting to the Director of New Business Development and Events. and this is an office position based in Old Town Alexandria.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Events and Meetings Support
- Assist director with conference planning, attendee and exhibitor registration, and event support, website updates and marketing for biennial FEDcon, and, in alternating years, the Legislative Training Conference (LEGcon).
- Coordinate event logistics for exhibitors and sponsors.
- Assist team in executing all events and meetings. Some travel required.
- Organize and manage off-site leadership meetings of National Executive Board and other member leadership groups, and coordinate logistics with venues/hotels.
- Organize and manage internal meetings and off-site staff functions, and coordinate logistics.
- Administrative and operational duties supporting the successful acquisition, fulfillment, billing, and revenue collection associated with advertising and sponsorship sales. This will include but is not limited to: coordinating ad contracts, invoicing, creative deliverables, sponsored emails, and tear-sheet delivery.
- Manage the operation of the association affinity program, including resolving customer service issues
- Collaborate with team to build strong relationships with existing sponsors and grow new and existing business
- Coordinate fundraising campaigns and monitor engagement in coordination with business development and marketing staff