SANTA MONICA TRAVEL & TOURISM
MANAGER, GROUP & MICE SALES
ABOUT SANTA MONICA TRAVEL & TOURISM
NO Phone calls or Walk-in Please
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism (SMTT) is a non-profit, non-member organization. SMTT is the official travel and tourism promotion organization for the City of Santa Monica. It is our passion to promote Santa Monica and encourage visitors and business travelers alike to stay longer and enjoy more of what our world-class destination has to offer. SMTT is governed by an eleven-member board of directors comprised of community individuals and a tourism marketing district committee of nine hotel executives
The Manager – Group & MICE Sales, under the direction of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism (SMTT) Executive Vice President (EVP), will be responsible for selling, marketing and representing Santa Monica as a premiere beach city destination for targeted domestic and international meetings and incentive group business. The Manager, Group & MICE Sales will focus on business development and relationship building in the corporate, association and incentive markets. The position requires a high energy, positive and self-motivated individual. Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills, an innovative sales approach and team player mindset are also essential. The ability to adapt easily to change and thrive on creating collaborative and productive relationships with tourism partners, the hotel community, customers, and internal team members will support success for this revenue focused role.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for all sales and promotional activities related to the Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE) market segment and to maximize business opportunities in that area.
- Achieve established new business & leads goals generated for the Group & MICE market to SMTT hotels.
- Achieve established group room night production and average daily rate goals for booked business to hotel partners in Santa Monica; business will be reported through the CRM system.
- Establish an annual Group & MICE Sales plan to map the sales activities, programs, industry events, FAMs, sales trips and other business areas on own as well as serving as SMTT lead with partners to support the established goals.
- Represent SMTT and our tourism partners in a professional manner at various events, industry programs, tradeshows and scheduled sales appointments; including but not limited to: IMEX Las Vegas, Incentive Works, SITE, etc.
- Schedule and conduct weekly sales calls to key meetings and event planners to bring awareness to Santa Monica as a key MICE destination. Provide weekly priority report to the EVP detailing the plans and activities.
- Represent SMTT at monthly & quarterly regional industry programs, client mixers and events including, but not limited to, MPISCC and SITE SoCal.
- Manage the SMTT CRM database of Group Sales & MICE client records, sales activities and lead generation; keeping information current for monthly reporting and e-communications.
- Maximize all up-selling opportunities by proposing additional events and activities suitable and complimenting Group Sales & MICE programs.
- Ensure comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of Santa Monica’s hotel product, unique selling points, features, amenities, services and policies.
- Obtain client feedback after each event with an eye towards continual improvement.
- Keep abreast of trends and research for national & international MICE travel and make suggestions to improve sales engagements and strategies.
- Collaborate with Santa Monica hotels and venues to establish Santa Monica as a preferred MICE destination in Southern California. Provide regular feedback to the SMTT team and members as appropriate.
- Work with SMTT marketing team to develop innovative and effective programs designed to create awareness of the destination to the MICE market; inclusive of sales presentations and incentive programs.
- Proactively plans, coordinates and conducts site inspections and FAM(familiarization) tours, in tandem with the Manager, Client Services, to maximize Santa Monica's exposure to our clients.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Group Meetings & MICE travel industry partners within and outside of the local community, and successfully solicit their participation in SMTT programs.
NO Phone calls or Walk-in Please