We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence. Job Description
Reporting to the Director of Events, the Events Associate
will focus primarily on fundraising and cultivation events, including the annual Spring Benefit and High School Commencement Ceremony, the TCS New York City Marathon charity partner program, Network-based events, schooling-focused events, and other special events throughout the year.
In this role, you will:
- Support the strategic planning processes and execution for internal community building events, external workshops and conferences, and board relations and fundraising events. Scope of events includes, but is not limited to the following:
* Annual Spring Benefit;
* Annual High School Commencement Ceremony & Dinner;
* Young Professionals Committee events;
* Cultivation and Stewardship events;
* Network office events; and
* Breakfasts, dinners, and receptions throughout the year.
- Serve as the primary manager to lead, plan and execute the annual TCS New York City Marathon fundraising event. Recruit, oversee, and support a team of 50 participants and two volunteer coaches from registration through event day;
- Support with the planning and execution of all logistical event arrangements with precision and accuracy, including management of all event collateral; vendor research, selection, and management; venue scouting and selection; budget management; transportation; staffing/training; communication/outreach; programming; event set-up/break-down, etc.;
- Support with developing and managing systems surrounding event planning and production to ensure continued improvement and scalability, including collection and response to feedback;
- Assist with the planning and execution of cross-departmental events through the SA Network Events Toolkit, a newly-launched initiative to support scaling of Network events;
- Track event expenses and submit and monitor payment of invoices, while maintaining an organized and up-to-date expense management system, filing system, and vendor database;
- Schedule meetings and prepare agendas and minutes for interdepartmental meetings; and
- Enter and maintain event-related data in Raiser's Edge fundraising database.
We'll be excited to hear from you if:
- You are a passionate events and development professional with 1-3 years of direct experience in special events and/or fundraising;
- You possess a strong understanding of the value of every detail involved in event planning, while ensuring timeliness and excellence of all events from conception to completion;
- You are seeking to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, non-profit organization where entrepreneurialism, innovation, and disruption are celebrated;
- You are detail-oriented, personable and polished, and well-organized;
- You possess superb writing and communications skills and a positive, can-do attitude;
- You have an incredibly high bar, constantly and consistently driving for excellence;
- You are able to adjust to changing priorities, to handle multiple projects at once and act with a sense of urgency and grace; and
- You understand the importance of fostering productive relationships with school and network-based teams, vendors, and other constituents to drive the goals of the Events team and the greater organization.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Location/Region: New York, NY