East West Connection is seeking an experienced Sourcing Manager. East West Connection offers a competetive salary, 401K, contributory medical benefits, dental, vision, Life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick days.
KEY JOB RESPONSBILITIES:
The Sourcing Manager will negotiate critical program components based on knowledge of program requirements from initial request through contract completion and turnover; this includes recommending supplier and destinations options and solutions. Driving critical aspects of Strategic Sourcing, this position will take the lead on contract negotiations of pricing and business terms, conducting market research, and providing benchmark data on pricing and/or other key terms and conditions. As well as facilitating RFP’s and working with the operations to develop negotiation strategies, objectives, and plans.
As this position proactively negotiates prices and contracts, takes a lead to create reasonable preliminary budgets. Communicates with key business advisors and suppliers on a timely basis, information relative to strategic meetings management program operations. Follows standard operating procedures for all sourcing activity. Negotiates and contracts however, the scope of this position is dependent upon assigned account/programs and may vary. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, ability to make others feel at ease, has a strong grasp of business/social etiquette, is a self-starter with procurement management, meetings management, client management and people management experience, ideally at very senior levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiate critical program components based on program requirements.
- Partners with procurement to provide client needs efficiently and meet client timelines.
- Create a preliminary reason and cost-effective budget to turn over to Finance and Operations to manage.
- Manage supplier relationships, effectively maintaining positive and ethical working relationships.
- Plan and propose Sourcing strategies that best support the business needs of the client.
- Collaborate closely with key personnel to understand their priorities and challenges; assess their needs on an ongoing basis and manage their expectations.
- Manages the supplier/contractor certification process including review of requisite experience, legal and organizational structure, financial viability, geographic coverage, insurance requirements and other capabilities.
- Prepares and maintain contracts with national/regional service providers in accordance with company standards.
- Develops, manages, coordinates sourcing processes and practices with internal stakeholders.
- Proven negotiation and cost savings skills.
- Stay current with meeting and event business trends as well as Sourcing Best Practices.
- Provide ongoing market intelligence with the Director of Operations and team.
- Earn the business partner’s respect and serve as a Trusted Advisor.
- Knowledge of travel supplier operations, overall capabilities/range of services.
- Manage working in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Understanding of and ability to effect win/win solutions.
- Prior successful experience in developing and maintaining key client and supplier relationships.
- Ability to effectively handling multiple projects/demands concurrently.
- Strong knowledge of program/event management and budget maintenance.
- Operate in the Program management system.
- Manage the information in the online sourcing tool.
- Participate in the RFP process for client’s assigned.
- Define areas of efficiency and simplification while liaising with key personnel to ensure alignment with client’s strategic goals and risk management strategies are met
- Develop and/or implement processes and systems to measure and monitor effectiveness and value to our client
- Able to provide status updates and information on assignments.
- Effectively interact with employees, vendors, contractors and senior management.
Travel is required.
To be considered please state your requested salary for this position.