AMWA’s Membership and Programs Coordinator is a perfect opportunity for a rising association professional to make a unique contribution to a small, collaborative, and supportive staff team. This position requires an individual who is interested in helping our association grow through critical support for our membership, education, and career services programs.
AMWA staff members have an opportunity to harness a variety of skills, think creatively, and innovate along with the organization. As a small staff organization, AMWA supports a collaborative working environment and recognizes the importance of each position’s value in meeting organizational goals. The Coordinator handles member service, database management, order fulfillment, office administration, and other related duties. In fulfilling these responsibilities, the Coordinator has significant interaction with members, prospects, and other staff.
Member Services, Renewal, and Retention
- Provide timely and high-quality service to members, potential members, and other customers via email and phone.
- Review membership transactions to ensure members are successful in joining and renewing, including the student membership process.
- Support new members and encourage engagement with the association’s products and community towards a goal of increased retention.
- Coordinate the timely outreach of renewal notices to all renewing members
- Track statistics related to renewal communication and report on trends
Database & Records Management
- Manage daily payment batching and monthly reporting reconciliation.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly tasks to ensure database record integrity
- Ensure proper record of all member information in the database and work to obtain accurate, updated information as needed.
- Understand all AMS functionality in order to assist with other AMWA programs as needed including Conference, Education, Publications, Awards
- Extract information from the database in the form of queries, data files, and specialized reports
Education, Career, and Other Programs
- Support efforts to promote AMWA education programs including the Essential Skills Certificate program and AMWA Online Learning to members and prospects.
- Fulfill education product orders and manage product inventory.
- Update database and curriculum records with enrollment and assessment information and coordinate related communications to learners.
- Provide customer support for the Freelance Directory and Jobs Online
- Support the annual conference and other AMWA events as needed.
- Work closely with other staff and provide administrative support for team-wide activities.
- Provide general administrative support and other duties as needed.