East West Connection is seeking an experienced corporate Meeting ad Event Planner with six to eight years’ experience in planning corporate meetings to work within our client's facility. EWC offers competitive salary, paid vacation, holidays, sick days and personal days. Additionally, EWC offers LTD, STD, Life Insurance and 401K after 6 months of employment.
This position is located in Blue Ash, Ohio.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Overall accountability for managing society engagement and third-party meeting promotional opportunities to include sponsorship support, exhibits, & advertising.
SUMMARY: At this level, the position has a moderate impact on the business results and has responsibility for meeting support and execution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Meeting Planner will:
- Support organization and execution of society meetings, conventions and tradeshows and other internal company meetings as assigned
- Support the exhibit program using business and Medical Device brand standards, centralized commercial sponsorship process, event registration systems and documented best practices.
- Partner with commercial teams to plan, organize and execute events with HCPs featuring our total procedural solutions with other J&J companies and partner companies and using best practices, HPI principals, J&J travel policy standards and sound business spend to drive value and compliance.
- Create project plan timelines and due dates for deliverables for assigned meetings.
- Communicates meeting information including registration/housing information and other meeting related material supporting event objectives. Arranges for distribution of communications materials.
- Partner with exhibit house on the booth layout that will align with promotional strategy, key messages and objectives across business(es) for assigned meetings.
- Determine the exhibit layout and staffing needs for assigned meetings.
- Handle payments and provides updates to finance and event owners. Implements cost control measures.
- Partner with Event Operations team on housing, registration and badges.
- Provide direction to vendors and business partners for logistics including but not limited to: hotel sourcing, exhibit setup, exhibit services (ie, labor, carpet, audio visual, electric, etc.), equipment, demos, menu planning, room sets, transportation, budgets, shipping, etc. Negotiating contracts with vendors to provide services.
- Support communication plan for all stakeholders regarding meeting information including preparing meeting master agenda, attendee registration material, timelines, and Meeting Profile/Guidebook
- Provide on-site support to leadership and other participants and participates in event setup and take down (as needed). Verifies that all equipment and materials are accounted for.
- Provides on-site support to event staff.
- Support and adhere to all event policies and procedures ensuring they are in line with our company, society, government and HCC Guidelines.
- Participates in meetings and follows timelines, alerting Senior Meeting Planner, Account Managers and the Director, Meetings and Events when timeline is in danger of being missed.
- Participates in ongoing professional development.
- Participate in training staff as requested.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to providing superior service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates, senior business leaders, and/or advisors.
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work independently and contribute to department goals.
- Serves as a representative of EWC to the business community on all assigned client’s events
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and edits at any time.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Overnight travel may be required up to 30%, including weekends.
- This position does not supervise the staff assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of five years of planning experience
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office – including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Cvent Experience required
- Medical device company meeting experience is a plus.
- Must have the ability to make decisions independently and seek guidance where appropriate.
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH (45242)