East West Connection is seeking an experienced corporate Meeting ad Event Planner with six to eight years’ experience in planning corporate meetings. EWC offers competitive salary, paid vacation, holidays, sick days and personal days. Additionally EWC offers LTD, STD, Life Insurance and 401K after 6 months of employment.
EWC allows working remote two days a week following succesful three month probationary period.
This position is primarily responsible for working with all of the account teams at EWC on specific and clearly defined projects. This includes heavy day-to-day interaction with key staff members. The position also requires flexibility and involves interacting with clients at all levels of management. Experience in corporate meeting planning, exhibits, conventions and trade shows a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and implements meetings and special events either from beginning to end or tasked with a specific assignment under guidance of Associate Director, Operations, EWC Meetings.
- Participates in project kick-off meetings and meets with Associate Director, Operations, EWC Meetings to discuss assignments and timelines at the start of a project and whom the manager of the project is based on the assignment.
- Manages day to day logistics for meetings and events assigned.
- Directs and coordinates activities with project staff which includes Finance, Legal, Design, IT, Security and Production to outline scope of work, and project plan and timelines.
- Develops and adheres to project guidelines and timelines.
- Recommends strategy based on client goals and objectives.
- Provides team and client follow up to ensure accounts are properly handled.
- Manages a wide range of meeting planning assignments involved in producing an effective meeting ranging from the preparation of trip notes to developing BEOs.
- Creates the management and development of registration sites in CVENT for programs assigned with appropriate personnel.
- Recommends travel staff and may supervise TD’s and other free-lance staff while onsite.
- Travels to meeting locations for site visits at the direction of the Program Manager assigned and/or Associate Director, Operations, EWC Meetings.
- Onsite support for programs assigned and any additional programs requested.
- Manages project budgets for assigned programs.
- Provides reconciliation data for budgets including budget variances, negotiated savings reporting to Program Manager, Finance and the Associate Director, Operations, EWC Meetings
- Prepares billing letter when requested at the direction of management.
- Creates floor plans and seating arrangements.
- Creates F&B grid and reviews Banquet and Event orders for accuracy.
- Understands and follows compliance guidelines.
- Secures AV Requirements.
- Adheres to EWC and client’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participates in the development of RFP for team as requested.
- Negotiates and reviews vendor contracts, and final bill reconciliation as assigned by the Associate Director, Operations, EWC Meetings.
- Prepares detailed trip notes and meeting details.
- Prepares site visit reports and qualifies meeting space based on program needs when directed to do so.
- Collaborates with EWC staff to ensure the highest standard is delivered to the client.
- Complies with all EWC SOP’s, Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in meetings and follows timelines, alerting Program Manager, the Associate Director, Operations, EWC Meetings when timeline is in danger of being missed.
- Participates in ongoing professional development.
- Participate in training staff as requested.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to providing superior service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills.
- Participates in the development of new business proposals and attends new business presentations when requested by EWC Management.
- Other projects, duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Travel is a requirement of this position. 30 to 35% estimated.
- This position does not manage others but does supervise those on the team at a lower level.
- Bachelor’s Degree or six to eight years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office; CVENT experience required
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates, senior business leaders, and/or advisors.
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work independently and contribute to department goals.
- Serves as a representative of EWC to the business community on all assigned client’s events.