About the Job
Meeting Planner– HealthLogiX (www.hlxusa.com), a Parsippany, NJ based full service Medical Education Company is seeking a Meeting Planner to join its growing team. The Meeting Planner is responsible for managing meeting planning and logistical elements for thought leader engagement meetings, advisory board meetings, NON-CME events, symposia, webinars, and other medical meetings. Example responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: site selection, contract negotiation, food and beverage, travel, vendor negotiations, recruitment database management/reports, on-site management, post-meeting follow-up, budget reconciliation. Travel will be required with this position. Meetings may be live or virtual.
HealthLogiX offers a great benefits package and many opportunities for career advancement.
- Client interaction on logistical needs for advisory boards, congresses, events, etc.
- Partner with internal project lead to ensure client requirements are met
- Sourcing/management of locations and on-site vendors (hotel, ground/air transportation, Audio visual equipment, production, on-site staff, etc.)
- Database and list management, status updates on progress
- A good understanding and adherence to pharma/client compliance guidelines; liaison with compliance partners (Sunshine reporting)
- Location/site visits prior to meetings
- On-site logistical communications (welcome letters, transportation notices, agendas/room assignments, on-site printing needs)
- Logistical reconciliation with vendors and final reports to project lead
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of meeting planning experience in a medical/healthcare communications, pharmaceutical marketing environment
- Comprehensive understanding of event-planning, hotel, air travel industries
- Experience with the coordination & planning of industry programs of all sizes (Non CME symposia, advisory boards, webinars, broadcasts, exhibit booths, teleconferences, etc.)
- Interact effectively with clients, faculty, vendors, and internal teams
- Individuals must be skilled at managing multiple projects at one time, making sure deadlines are met and budgets are maintained
- Speaker Bureau experience is preferred
- Frequent Travel (overnights will be required)
- Availability to work in Parsippany, NJ office
Job Type: Full-time
Location/Region: Parsippany, NJ