Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
The Planning Manager is responsible for supporting and consulting client with all program logistics, including but not limited to; meeting room set, audio/visual, production, connectivity, menu planning, meal guarantees, meeting flow, room block management, air travel, arrival/departure manifest, ground transportation, ground manifest, ancillary contract negotiation, off-site event and activity management, registration website oversight, attendee management, on-site execution and maintaining meeting data within the clients meeting management system.
Financial responsibilities include; budget preparation, spend management, cost savings negotiations and tracking, billing reconciliation, invoice payment and accruals.
Planning Managers will commit to building and maintaining strong client relationships while providing best-in-class meeting and event services.
Job Specific Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary client contact and support client with management of full service programs.
- Work with Program Managers-PM (client liaison) to support client.
- Participate in "kick-off" call with Sourcing Manager, client and PM to obtain meeting details in preparation for sourcing.
- Work with Registration Manager and client to finalize all registration website parameters, monitor registration website build and test site.
- Work with Registration Manager and client to establish attendee reporting requirements and timeline.
- Work with client to finalize all logistics; air travel, ground transportation, food & beverage, meal guarantees, meeting space, room set, audio/visual, production, off-site events, activities and special needs.
- Fully understand the contract and addendum process and plan according to the contracted rooms and space and contracted terms and conditions.
- Work with the Registration Manager on room block usage, reports, rooming list, air manifest, ground manifest, deviations, attendee special requests and VIPs.
- Manage budget, track spend, facilitate deposits and payments, and manage accruals.
- Communicate all financial status changes with the client.
- Focus on cost savings initiatives, track and document cost savings.
- Maintain meeting technology tools with current meeting information.
- Manage meeting specifications document with current meeting information.
- Complete vendor search, proposal process and contract negotiations for ancillary vendors (off-site events, ground transfers, activities).
- Attend regularly scheduled planning calls with customers, PMs, colleagues and vendors.
- Provide customers and PMs with professional and complete meeting documentation in advance of event for execution on-site including; meeting specs, attendee reports, BEOs, ancillary contracts, and other necessary documentation.
- Maintain consistent communication with property contacts during the execution of events (whether on-site or not) to ensure all deliverables and timelines are met.
- Participate as needed in operational site and planning visits.
- Proactively add value through consultation to the client regarding best practices and additional ways to make their event successful.
- Understand and effectively communicate client meeting policies.
- Understand client brand guidelines and ensure all communications are in compliance.
- Execute programs on-site, manage on-site staff, manage and collaborate with vendors.
- Work with Project Accountants to reconcile final invoices and submit requests for payment within payment guidelines. Complete accrual process within client guidelines and timelines.
- Conduct post-event debrief calls to discuss outcome, positive feedback and challenges.
- Utilize preferred vendors for quality of service, minimization of risk, and maximum pricing advantage.
- Negotiate and execute all ancillary supplier contracts for the best possible prices and concessions in order to achieve contractual client SLAs.
- Follow RFP guidelines for ancillary vendors.
- Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism, and integrity when negotiating with suppliers and interacting with clients and colleagues.
- Monitor hotel penalties for rebook opportunities.
- Keep abreast of new destination options, industry and vendor updates.
- Escalate vendor challenges to appropriate leadership.
- Ensure internal and external reporting requirements are met.
- Ability to identify resources in a complex organization to effectively drive results.
- Manage high volume of events simultaneously.
- Utilize standard templates and follow document naming standards.
- Adhere to all deadlines, turn-around times, and standard operating procedures.
- Back up team members as necessary.
- Work as the secondary planner on large meetings that require multiple planner assignment and support.
- Attend all team and departmental meetings.
- Submit accurate and complete expense reports within required timelines.
- Treat colleagues, employees, and suppliers with respect and dignity.
- Responsible for protecting confidential information of BCD M&E and client.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and approachable manner at all times.
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- Minimum five (5) years meeting planning experience in a professional organization
- Minimum of three (3) years experience managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services.
- Experience with meeting budget management, cost savings strategies and reporting
- Direct client relations experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and with strong Excel capabilities
- Cvent Meeting Management Technology experience (Registration and Budgets) strongly preferred
- Lotus Notes Database experience
- College Degree strongly preferred
- Travel industry and destination knowledge
- CMP preferred
- Travel required: 25-50%
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new technology interfaces
About this company
Elevating experiences. It’s why we exist. At BCD Meetings & Events, we work with our clients to create moments that elevate, motivate, celebrate and inspire. As a world-leader in experience design and execution, we use our global network, vast connections and buying power and combine it with our relentless passion, our unmatched knowledge and our wild imagination. The result? Experiences that are memorable. Tangible. Surprising. Stressless. Beautiful. And perfectly suited for our client’s needs and strategic intent.
Our purpose is straightforward. We want to connect people all over the world to create relationships, drive global business growth and support local communities. With a team of passionate people, and a passion to overdeliver, we’re looking for exceptional people who rise to our standards while bringing their unique perspective to the table