IDSA is revolutionizing the way it thinks about and plans its event experiences. One of our core purposes is to create engaging moments for our community to connect in-person for fellowship, networking, and inspiration. As our Events Coordinator, you’ll be on the ground floor of this change and have the ability to shape the way we serve our community. We are looking for an individual with proven hands-on event experience who also has strategic vision to help continually evolve our programming with each iteration. The ideal candidate for this role has exceptional interpersonal aptitude and is comfortable in situations where priorities shift. You will support our event programming from conception to clean up and work across all departments of IDSA to ensure each event, no matter the size, is executed with professionalism, attention to detail, and in accordance to budget. The Events Coordinator reports directly to IDSA’s Sr. Manager of Events, Sponsorships & Sales and will frequently interface with our vast community of volunteer members. In addition to providing key support functions, you will be directly responsible for logistical aspects of our annual International Design Conference, Education Symposium, Deep Dive Events, and Board of Directors meetings. These gatherings may range in scale from over 500 attendees to intimate meetings of 10 or less.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with volunteer committee members on event planning and execution: participate in calls/strategy sessions and record action items. Manage the collection and posting process of speaker information.
- Serve as first point of contact for the department and assist registrants and other stakeholders by phone/email as needed.
- Organize call for speakers/education papers: collect bios, headshots and session descriptions; work with the webmaster to ensure all information is posted timely and accurately.
- Research potential sites and venues; consolidates information for review by management.
- Solicits vendors as needed (security, temporary staffing, shuttle services, etc.).
- Serves as point of contact for Board meetings; books hotel and travel accommodations (or works with IDSA’s travel agent) as needed, and coordinates special events; reviews contracts and BEOs as appropriate.
- Coordinates all shipments for the department.
- Leads registration efforts: runs registration reports and prepares badges.
- Supports IDSA’s Community Manager in providing guidance on event best practices to IDSA’s network of chapter leadership teams across the country.
- Codes invoices for processing at the conclusion of events.
- Assists with sales fulfillment and tracking.
- Travels to events as needed to assist with management of onsite logistics; extends work hours as appropriate based on workflow or travel requirements.