The Conference & Meeting Services team is part of the Sourcing & Procurement Group within Enterprise Services & Systems organization.
This team supports all of Prudential's US business, Corporate Centers and International Insurance groups by providing sourcing, planning, budgeting and onsite support for larger meetings held in offsite locations across the US and internationally.
Many of these meetings are client facing and incentive based supporting Prudential business model of sales through multiple channels.
As a Conference and Meeting Services Senior Meeting Planner, you will be accountable for the planning, coordination and delivery of Prudential’s meetings and conferences ranging in size from 50 to 1500+ people. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, site research and recommendation to business partners and/or senior executives, contract negotiations with hotel sales representatives and other vendors, budget development and management, coordination, planning and supervision of meeting and conference logistical details, and on-site execution.
You will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with Insurance and Financial Services and IRS regulations and the Enterprise Corporate Travel Policy for all meetings and conferences. You will act in an advisory role with our business partners, including senior-level executives, in interpreting these guidelines.
Skills and Qualification:
• Minimum of eight (8) years prior corporate meeting and conference planning experience.
• Possess extensive understanding of hospitality industry, how it operates, how it is organized and how to manage through the system efficiently and effectively.
• Understanding of the Insurance and Financial Services and IRS regulations as they relate to meetings and conferences a plus.
• The successful candidate must have a proven track record in the following areas:
o Management and development of all logistical components associated with meetings and conferences.
o On-site leadership of meetings and conferences.
o Evaluation and procurement of outside resources within budget.
o Domestic and international destination knowledge.
o Development and ongoing management of meeting/conference budgets and reconciliation.
o Negotiation of complex vendor agreements.
o Collaboration with teams in the development and delivery of meetings and conferences.
o Ability to cultivate strong relationships with key business partners and vendors.
o Persuasive communication skills and ability to exercise diplomacy consistently.
o Strong organization and time management skills; ability to remain flexible and prioritize effectively; capacity to manage multiple priorities meeting deadlines and responding to changing priorities.
• The successful candidate must have demonstrated the following competencies:
o Judgment and problem-solving skills to resolve unique and/or unanticipated problems.
o Work strategically to negotiate and leverage spend.
o Effective verbal and written communications.
o Maintain composure and professionalism during stressful situations.
o Creativity and effective strategic thinking. Ability to “think outside the box” and be a change agent.
o Initiative, strong work ethic and ownership of work.
o High ethical standards; ability to maintain integrity in questionable situations.
o Ability to make sound decisions.
o Team player, but able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
• Actively involved in the meetings/hospitality profession, with established professional relationships with vendors.
• Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) strongly preferred, with the expectation that the successful candidate will need to obtain this designation within 18 months.
• Personal computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge of Cvent or other online meeting management applications a plus, with the expectation the successful candidate will complete training within two months and mastery of the system within six months.
• Flexibility to work additional hours when needed.
• Travel required. Weekend and holiday travel will be necessary at times.