Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
The Program Manager is responsible for all program logistics and supplier payments from Program start to finish. The Program Manager is responsible for building and maintaining client relationships. Program Manager is responsible for acting as back up for Teammates as necessary. Travel requirement 25 -- 50%
- After meeting assignment initiate client contact and engage appropriate team members in call.
- Oversee program development, planning and execution of all assigned programs from the point of meeting assignment.
- Ensure internal and external reporting requirements are met.
- Must have the ability to identify resources in a complex organization to effectively get results.
- Push towards utilization of internal meeting space / conference center space. Be a resource on how to help associates book this space and resources available to them.
- Work to incorporate CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) and Green initiatives of Client into meetings/events when possible.
- Add value to client by counseling client on best practices and guiding the client on ways to make their event successful.
- Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism and integrity when dealing with clients and team mates.
- Participate as needed, in operational site visits.
- Adhere to all deadlines and turnaround times.
- Determine and arrange detailed program needs (i.e. room set-up, function times, audio visual, menu selections, on-site/off site events and activities, DMC operations, special events, ground transfers, room deliveries, VIP needs, etc.).
- Ability to work via project plan and or spec sheet.
- Understanding of Client Brand & Policies and how to ensure LOB's are in compliance.
- Provide on-site program assistance; oversee all arranged details of program.
- Must be able to travel for 25 -- 50%+ of programs.
- Liaison with Registration Manager for attendee registration requirements.
- Back up team purchaser as necessary.
- Expected to treat colleagues, employees, and suppliers with whom you interact with respect and dignity.
- Responsible for protecting confidential information of BCD M&E and Client.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and approachable manner at all times
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
Budget & Data Management:
- Update budgets as necessary during planning and prepare final budgets -- Communicate budgetary information to client throughout the planning and execution of meeting.
- Review supplier bills for accuracy and ensure timely payment and final billing process.
- Ensure all internal accounting deadlines are met.
- Keep all data in Cvent up to date throughout life of the program
- Utilize preferred vendors for quality of service and maximum pricing advantage.
- Maintain positive supplier relationships.
- Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism and integrity when negotiating with suppliers
- Minimum five (5) years meeting planning/hotel sales and/or catering/convention services experience
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with external clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- College Degree strongly preferred
- Travel industry and destination knowledge
- CMP preferred
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new technology interfaces
- Strong accounting skills
- Ability to think outside the box and tap into creative solutions for client needs
About this company
Elevating experiences. It’s why we exist. At BCD Meetings & Events, we work with our clients to create moments that elevate, motivate, celebrate and inspire. As a world-leader in experience design and execution, we use our global network, vast connections and buying power and combine it with our relentless passion, our unmatched knowledge and our wild imagination. The result? Experiences that are memorable. Tangible. Surprising. Stressless. Beautiful. And perfectly suited for our client’s needs and strategic intent.
Our purpose is straightforward. We want to connect people all over the world to create relationships, drive global business growth and support local communities. With a team of passionate people, and a passion to overdeliver, we’re looking for exceptional people who rise to our standards while bringing their unique perspective to the table