We are seeking an ambitious, energetic, creative and enthusiastic Event Specialist to join our Marsh Global Events team! This person will manage and produce internal and external events from conception through completion while providing outstanding client service in a fast-paced environment. This person should be a team player who is passionate about hospitality, detail oriented, and highly creative.
- Lead planning of individual meetings and events as assigned, establishing the vision and overseeing the ideation, planning and execution process while in partnership with internal stakeholders.
- Identify, research and secure meeting venues, conducting site inspections and contract negotiations for hotels and special event spaces.
- Develop and manage event budgets, track expenses during planning process, review and process vendor invoices and wire transfers, and conduct post-event budget reconciliation.
- Manage event workflow including (but not limited to): venue management, contracting, event timelines, attendee communications/invitations, registration/RSVPs, hotel room block, list management, transportation, food and beverage, décor, function space allocation and room set-ups, speaker and sponsor coordination, AV/production, design collateral, mobile apps, off-site activities, branded items, shipping, compiling and distributing briefing books and on-site set-up and supervision.
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with hotels, restaurants, and other third party providers. Keep abreast of new restaurant openings as well as changes in restaurant ratings or head chefs.
- Support the department head in developing ways to optimize and streamline the event planning process, standardize budget tracking and control expenses, leverage event technology, analyze event success, and improve attendee experience.
- Must live in NYC area and work in our New York office Monday – Friday.
- Willing to travel to various locations for site-visits and on-site management of events.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule that will include evenings, weekends and extended hours during event seasons.
- Excellent planning and time management skills along with outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to manage several projects at one time in an organized and highly effective manner.
- Strong sense of urgency and an ability to problem-solve is critical.
- Team-oriented with a positive attitude.
- High-energy, confident and initiative-taking personality a must.
- Able to handle high-stress situations calmly and professionally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ambitious self-starter who has an appetite for proactively learning about the business and is driven to excel and grow.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to interact with a wide range of clients including C-level executives.
- Creative – Ability to think of new ways to impact our events.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 – 7 years’ Event Management experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must.
- Experience with meeting management software such as Lanyon and/or Cvent is a plus.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Location/Region: New York, NY