If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people. A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK’s steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks – only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring – today and every day.
Full time associates at FLIK are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
The Catering Manager is responsible overseeing the catering and conference service activities for the Executive Floor of a high level corporate dining account in downtown Boston. Will work closely with the Executive Administrative Assistants and will also perform Concierge duties such as making local restaurant reservations and transportation arrangements.
- Consistent monitoring of “Reservations” inbox providing timely responses to all inquiries
- Process Catering Orders should a meeting warrant food and beverage
- Monitor meeting space to insure cleanliness and that all space is clear of food and beverage and debris including any previous meeting related items
- Assist with local restaurant and transportation reservations
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of requests and situations
- Provide conflict resolution for client when necessary
- Assist client in allocation of space for long term reservation requests
- Follow and promote client safety standards
- Continual communication with client on the Executive Floor to insure a safe environment, reporting any issues to the appropriate phone paths
- Have a thorough understanding of client emergency procedures and be prepared to carry out designated tasks
- Act as liaison between client and FLIK personnel onsite
- Duties will include:
- Coordination of all Catering for the Executive Committee
- Weekly Executive Committee Meetings
- Daily Lunches
- Internal and External VIP Events
- Board of Director Meetings
- Catertrax Management
- Daily/Weekly Meetings with each Executive Assistant
- Conference Room Setup and Timely Service Removal
- Pantry Ownership to Include Budget
- Dinner Reservations for EC Dinners, Candidate Dinners
- Inventory Management of BOD Kitchen, Fridges in BOD and Committee Room 1
- Visitor Management for VIP Guests
- Security, Escorts, Beverage
- Parking Validations
- Facility Work Orders
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not necessary if candidate has related catering and/or conference services experience
- Have a least two years hotel, business dining or conference center experience
- Current knowledge of industry trends
- Local restaurant knowledge
- Superior quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills
- Excellent overall computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive mindset to anticipate and support changes in our business
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Exceptional customer service abilities
- Superior attention to detail
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Flik Hospitality Group, a member of Compass Group North America, provides upscale food service to clients in executive and corporate settings in more than 275 sites across the United States.
FLIK proudly counts some of the most prestigious financial and legal institutions as its clients.
FLIK's impressive growth is attributed to its creative approach to culinary assignments, along with unparalleled customer support. With Platinum Service, FLIK associates make sure that even the smallest details are seamlessly and consistently executed. Our people are our most important asset. Building their skills and careers means that we can better support our customers and meet the challenge of future growth. Come with energy and passion, and we’ll teach you the business. Grow with us.