A non-profit trade association is seeking qualified candidates for a Chapter Relations Coordinator position to support our Baton Rouge, Acadiana, Bayou and Southwest chapters. This position is responsible for the coordination, management and execution of chapter committee and board meetings as well as chapter philanthropic events. In addition, the Coordinator will also assist with advocacy and other meetings and event activities held at the Baton Rouge office where this position will be based. 15-20% anticipated travel is required to host and attend chapter events and committee and board meetings.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary, annual incentive plan, monthly vehicle allowance, cell phone allowance, group benefits (medical, dental, life, LTD, 401k) and Paid Time Off.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- Minimum two years of experience with planning and running corporate events
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to deal with a variety of audiences
- Good working knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- The ability to work independently and effectively organize, prioritize and manage meeting and event activities
- The flexibility to attend chapter committee and board meetings that can occur outside of regular business hours (i.e., outside of 8:30am-5pm).
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter with their salary expectations to Human Resources at
Location/Region: Baton Rouge