Cornerstone Research provides economic and financial consulting and expert testimony in all phases of complex litigation and regulatory proceedings. We work with a broad network of testifying experts including prominent faculty and industry practitioners, in a distinctive collaboration. Our staff consultants contribute expertise in economics, finance, accounting, and marketing, as well as business acumen, familiarity with the litigation
process, and a commitment to produce outstanding results.
Named one of the Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine, at Cornerstone Research you will be part of a thriving team of more than 700, spanning eight offices, comprising more than 40 nationalities, and leading the industry in its commitment to develop team members across all levels.
You’ll Love it Here If You…
- Are thoughtful and open to learning
- Have a high bar for excellence
- Believe that teamwork leads to success; #onefirmfirm!
- Always do things the right way, even if it’s harder
- Are truly committed and passionate about what you do
About the Role
The Senior Events Specialist/ Planner will be responsible for the design, development, and execution of assigned Cornerstone Research events and corporate meetings. This role will be responsible for producing very high-end events that could include: client receptions and dinners, educational workshops, Board meetings, multi-day client retreats, industry sponsorship events and a variety of other corporate events. Successful candidates must have solid experience managing events, particularly high-end events, from concept to completion. The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of relevant experience, be self-motivated, thrive under pressure, work well in a fast paced environment and have a passion for event production/ execution and logistics.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful
- Serve as the lead project manager for events from initial creative design and pre-planning stages through on-site execution. Can also step in for other events to support another planner.
- Research, conduct RFPs, and recommend appropriate venues for events, including hotels and resorts, restaurants, bar/lounges, and special event spaces.
- Conduct site visits and site inspections of potential event properties.
- Prepare PowerPoint visual presentations and/or cost-comparison spreadsheets of venue recommendations.
- Demonstrate expertise in negotiating contracts to secure favorable rates, terms, and concessions. Work closely with department head and legal counsel to ensure the firm is contractually and financially protected in all agreements.
- Manage the logistics during the event planning process, including: event timelines, attendee communications/invitations, registration/RSVPs, hotel room block, list management, transportation, food and beverage, function space allocation and room set-ups, speaker coordination, AV equipment, print production and handouts, CLE (Continuing Legal Education) credit coordination, off-site activities, giveaways, shipping, branding, and on-site set-up and supervision.
- Design exceptional attendee experiences for high-end client receptions and dinners, including restaurant buyouts and use of private dining rooms, menu selection with wine pairings, room set-up, floral arrangements, seating assignments, and attendee gifts. Work closely with head chefs, wine sommeliers, and restaurant staffs.
- Develop and manage event budgets, track expenses during planning process, review and process vendor invoices and wire transfers, and conduct post-event budget reconciliation.
- Maintain a detailed electronic filing system for all events.
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with hotels, restaurants, and other third party providers. Keep abreast of new restaurant openings as well as changes in restaurant ratings or head chefs.
- Support the department head in developing ways to streamline the event planning process, standardize budget tracking and control expenses, leverage event technology, enhance recordkeeping, analyze event success, and improve attendee experience.
- Identify and incorporate industry best practices into our planning process in an effort to continuously improve our productivity and effectiveness.
What You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in meetings and events management
- Professional services firm or financial services experience is a plus
- Experience working with domestic venues, international experience is a plus
- Expertise in negotiation and hotel/restaurant contracting
- Expertise in food, wine, travel, and hospitality services
- Extensive experience in planning high-end dinners at top restaurants with a strong knowledge of leading restaurants, chefs and sommeliers
- A strong relationship with hotel industry and experience with conferences
- A demonstrated ability to make recommendations and influence senior executives and decision makers
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation is a plus.
- An active participant/networker in the event management industry. A member of MPI, PCMA, or other associations for event professionals is desirable.
- Advances skills in MS Office required
- Budgeting/cost tracking experience required
- InterAction or other CRM experience required
- Willing and able to travel up to 25%
What Will Differentiate You
- Leadership: the desire to take initiative and actively contribute to the team and firm
- Communication: the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Business Acumen: the capability to learn the firm’s financial and operational functions
- Client Service: the mindset to provide superior service
CORNERSTONE RESEARCH’S CULTURE
Our uniquely collegial and supportive atmosphere makes Cornerstone Research a great place to work. Cornerstone Research invests in its people in a number of ways including providing development opportunities and organizing memorable social events. To many, our culture and our people are the most exciting and enriching aspects of a career at Cornerstone Research.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cornerstone Research is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
This position will be located in our New York, NY office.
Location/Region: New York, NY