East West Connection is seeking an Event Specialist to be in Blue Ash, Ohio. East West Connection is a Meeting and Events Planning company headquarters in Pittstown, NJ. CVENT experience a plus. Three to five years’ experience in planning medical device education programs a plus.
East West Connection offers dental, vision and contributory medical benefit plans, 401k, STD and Life coverage. We also offer paid vacation, holidays and PTO.
SUMMARY:To partner with the Managers of Professional Education to support the logistics planning of professional education and other health care professional targeted events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive new event notification and partner with Prof-Ed Manager/Course Lead to understand needs for the event.
- Obtain Group Travel # from Carlson Wagonlit to arrange airfare for individual and group travel.
- Initiate hotel transient room booking or hotel blocks for groups with sourcing specialist and oversee hotel accommodations.
- Build registration site in Cvent and any related surveys.
- Customize registration logistics questions to attendees on an exception basis from leadership
- Open registration with 5 business days and manage all confirmed attendee registrations
- Cancel logistics for cancelled attendee registrations and updated logistics
- Register faculty and internal event staff prior to event
- Adhere to signed Proffer/Gift In Kind Letters for Government Officials and/or State Requirements and adjust logistics accordingly.
- Prepare hotel rooming lists as customers and employees register.
- Arrange ground transportation for customers.
- Prepare banquet event orders and arrange for any catering onsite at the event.
- Arrange restaurant reservations for private dining space and set menu within HCC guidelines, working with sourcing specialist to sign final contracts
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for faculty, within guidelines set by Professional Relations and Operations and Health Care Compliance.
- Prepare/Print any event materials (name tags, name tents, sign in sheets, notepads…etc)
- Schedule appropriate attendee surveys
- Order supplies for the event (non product samples)- lanyards, special posters…etc through CMC Team.
- Prepare and ship all event materials to associated locations
- If event occurs at the event specialist’s home institute, prepare badges with security, and partner with facilities/scheduling to place a work order to ensure conference rooms are setup accordingly
- Initiate and help coordinate on-site hosts using on demand meeting pool
- Attach all pertinent documents related to the event/attendees to the system to include logistics emails, final orders/guarantees, rooming lists..etc.
- Respond to Open Payment and CMC Payment inquiries related to tracking receipts and spend for events
- Adhering to all internal client Health Care Compliance and Legal Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines and updating desk instructions as new processes develop and guidelines are updated.
- Completing all internal client Compliance Wire and Contractor Trainings on time.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by supervisor and management
Computer skills required: Microsoft Office – including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher; CVENT a plus but not required
Demonstrated talent for developing strong relationships
POLICIES: Know and follow policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
This position has no supervisory responsbilities
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH (US)